WEBINAR: Probiotics by Antony Haynes (Recording)
Since that time there have been 24,058 (as at April 1 2019) papers on the subject with only 17 of those appearing before 1990, listed in PubMed with the word “probiotics” in them, plus many papers published outside of this library. The vast majority have been published since the turn of the Millennium, equivalent to over 1,000 papers published each year on the subject of probiotics for the past 18 years.
The purpose of this webinar is ambitious. It is to provide an up to date summary overview of the understanding of probiotics in human health and what benefits have been attributed to specific strains of oral probiotics. Reference will be made to real-life cases in which probiotics have made a positive difference in health.
- Learn about the summary history of probiotics in human health.
- Learn about the description & function of probiotics
- Learn, in brief, about Microbial Faecal Transplant (MCT)
- Learn about the potential role of probiotics in IBD & IBS, inflammation, skin health
- Learn about the potential role of probiotics in brain & nervous system health
- Learn about the specific strains available in oral form and their specific functions
This information is for education purposes only. Patients should consult with a qualified healthcare provider before making decisions about therapies and/or health conditions.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a balanced and varied diet.