Comprehensive Nutrient Formulas
These comprehensive formulas are an easy and very effective way to take many nutrients simultaneously. Research shows additional benefits from their synergistic activity. We are sure that you will enjoy the convenience and savings of taking comprehensive and complementary nutrients in one serving.Read more
Comprehensive nutrient formulas have been designed to work synergistically to enhance biological function and health. Our food supply nowadays contains significantly reduced nutrient content, although our requirement for nutritional support has increased, due to greater environmental toxin exposure and the mental and emotional stress inherent in modern life. The combination of convenience, product symbiosis and ease of delivery makes these comprehensive formulas very effective and well tolerated.
Each ingredient has been selected because of its effect in human physiology and the combination represents the effects of consuming large quantities of nutrient-dense foods. Food is, however, less nutrient-dense than historically, despite the fact that increased food intake is prevalent it is less nutrient-dense than that found in the mid Victorian diet.
Indications are that the reduced need for physical labour in the 21st century has reduced the total caloric needs, and the selection of foods consumed are lower in nutrient and immunosupporting nutrients than our recent ancestors enjoyed.
Careful examination of historical records from mid-Victorian England have confirmed that people of this generation, once infant mortality has been excluded, lived as long as we do now, but had considerably less disease such as heart disease, mental illness, cancer, diabetes and arthritis.
Nutrient density can be increased by the use of comprehensive formulas without the risk of excess caloric ingestion. The comprehensive formulas can then be formulated to meet specific needs for micronutrient replacement and support identified through studies, and clinical observations.
- Clayton,P, Rowbotham, J An unsuitable and degraded diet? Part one: public health lessons from the mid-Victorian working class diet J R Soc Med, Jun 2008; 101: 282 – 289. View Abstract
- Clayton,P, Rowbotham, J An unsuitable and degraded diet? Part two: realities of the mid-Victorian diet J R Soc Med, Jul 2008; 101: 350 – 357. View Abstract
- Clayton,P, Rowbotham, J An unsuitable and degraded diet? Part three: Victorian consumption patterns and their health benefits J R Soc Med, Sep 2008; 101: 454 – 462. View Abstract
- Ames BN, McCann JC, Stampfer MJ, Willett WC. Evidence-based decision making on micronutrients and chronic disease: long-term randomized controlled trials are not enough. Am J Clin Nutr. 2007 Aug;86(2):522-3 View Abstract
- Wagner JG, Jiang Q, Harkema JR, Ames BN, Illek B, Roubey RA, Peden DB. Gamma-tocopherol prevents airway eosinophilia and mucous cell hyperplasia in experimentally induced allergic rhinitis and asthma.Clin Exp Allergy. 2008 Mar;38(3):501-11. Epub 2007 Oct 26.View Abstract
- Ames BN, Atamna H, Killilea DW. Mineral and vitamin deficiencies can accelerate the mitochondrial decay of aging.Mol Aspects Med. 2005 Aug-Oct;26(4-5):363-78.View Abstract