Inflammatory Bowel Disease Webinar - 24th October
Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis are two of the better understood Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD). They are chronic conditions and symptoms can vary between individuals. This means that the condition is perceived to be ongoing and lifelong, although there may be long periods of good health known as remission, as well relapses or flare-ups when symptoms are more active.
Nutritional Therapy offers potential benefit to those with IBD. From anti-inflammatory supplements, pre- and probiotics to specific food & macro nutrient changes, there are numerous changes and interventions that may have a positive influence on an individual suffering d from Crohn’s or Colitis.
- Learn about the prevalence of Crohn’s & Colitis & its genetic influences.
- Learn about the infectious aetiopathogenesis of Crohn’s
- Learn about the grain connection in Crohn’s & Colitis.
- Learn about food sensitivities in IBD.
- Review evidence of pre- & probiotics as adjuvant treatment.
- Learn about the role of intestinal permeability & IBD.
- Learn what supplements may be helpful in supporting digestion, the healthy gut microbiota, the gut lining & reducing inflammation.
This information is for education purposes only. Patients should consult with a qualified healthcare provider before making decisions about therapies and/or health conditions.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a balanced and varied diet.