Metabolic Flexibility & Autophagy Webinar [Recording]
Antony will describe what fasting and intermittent fasting is. This subject has gained significant media exposure recently but has also been a core component of naturopathic and other indigenous health care for thousands of years.
Metabolic inflexibility is a feature of metabolic syndrome, diabetes, and other chronic degenerative diseases. The ability to maintain and promote metabolic flexibility is one way to retain a youthful metabolism and prevent diseases of aging. This webinar focuses on how to optimise metabolic flexibility, and how to engage the body in a natural healthy and essential process called autophagy, literally “self eating”.
Antony will describe how to support the body’s ability to switch freely between alternative forms of carbon energy and initiate the process of autophagy.
- Learn about the metabolic flexibility and the mechanisms involved.
- Learn about autophagy, the process by which cells remove unwanted molecules and dysfunctional components.
- Learn how to improve metabolic flexibility with nutritional means.
- Learn how to improve metabolic flexibility and initiate safe, healthy autophagy by fasting.
- Learn how key nutrients play a role in supporting metabolic flexibility.
- Learn which nutrients can support the efficacy of the fasting state.
- Learn how a fasting mimicking diet (FMD) can be as effective as a no-food fast.
This information is for education purposes only. Patients should consult with a qualified healthcare provider before making decisions about therapies and/or health conditions.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a balanced and varied diet.