Nutritional Support for the Menopause - 12th September
All women will eventually experience menopause with some 70% experiencing symptoms that impact on their lives. Whilst their changing hormone levels, particularly oestrogen is a key element, symptoms may also be influenced by factors such as diet and exercise, lifestyle and medications. Therefore, for some women, lifestyle factors such as reducing / stopping smoking, reducing alcohol intake, reducing caffeine intake, reducing stress, eating healthily and taking regular exercise can significantly reduce the symptoms of menopause. Amongst the non-medical interventions, Nutritional Therapy has much to offer in terms of ameliorating the signs and symptoms of menopause as well as supporting bone health.
- Learn about the most common signs and symptoms of the menopause.
- Learn why a high percentage of women experience menopausal symptoms.
- Learn about the mechanisms involved in menopausal symptoms.
- Learn about the potential risks/benefits of HRT.
- Learn about the adrenal and thyroid hormone connection in menopausal symptoms.
- Learn about nutritional therapy intervention to resolve menopausal symptoms.
This information is for education purposes only. Patients should consult with a qualified healthcare provider before making decisions about therapies and/or health conditions.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a balanced and varied diet.