Sports Nutrition - 12th Feb 2020
Wednesday 12th February – “Sports Nutrition – the key principles that make the difference” 12pm noon
“Sports Nutrition – the key principles that make the difference”
Join Antony Haynes RNT as he presents a webinar on “Sports Nutrition – the key principles that make the difference”. The webinar will review the multiple recommendations that have been made to athletes under the heading of ‘sports nutrition’ but he will separate the wheat from the chaff. Antony will identify the key principles of sports nutrition that make the difference in terms of performance and overall well-being, including immunity and injury prevention. Antony will present the research on how much protein is needed by anyone taking regular exercise to the professional athlete in full time training. The most suitable macro nutrient ratios will also be discussed. Antony will also highlight which micro-nutrients are of importance, and whether antioxidants are a good thing for those of us who exercise regularly.
- Learn about the most relevant and important principles of sports nutrition.
- Learn about how to support immunity whilst undertaking regular, hard training.
- Learn about how much protein is needed when undertaking different types of exercise.
- Learn about an ideal macro-nutrient ratio to help achieve your own peak performance.
- Learn which micro-nutrients are of utmost importance.
- Learn about the pros and cons of antioxidants and when to take them if you engage in regular exercise.
- Learn which nutritional supplements can boost sport performance
- Learn how much food you really need to eat to gain maximum muscle development from resistance exercise.
This information is for education purposes only. Patients should consult with a qualified healthcare provider before making decisions about therapies and/or health conditions.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a balanced and varied diet.