Thyroid Hormone Function & Its Influences Webinar 19th June
Join Antony Haynes [BA (Hons), RNT, mBANT, mIFM] as he presents a webinar on “Thyroid hormone function & its influences”. The webinar will focus on an in-depth analysis of the factors that influence thyroid hormone function, and help to explain how blood levels of FT4 and FT3 do not provide the whole story about how a patient’s thyroid hormone is working.
This webinar is NOT discussing how to increase thyroid hormone production and address hypothyroid hormone output, but rather the many other variables that play a role in influencing the cellular response to thyroid hormone function.
Antony will present strategies to correct the negative influences on thyroid hormone function but will NOT be describing how to increase thyroid hormone levels from the thyroid gland itself which has been covered in a webinar in 2018.
- Learn about the incidence of hypothyroidism in the UK / Western world.
- Learn about the blood markers (TSH, FT4, FT3) that are used to provide feedback about thyroid hormone status in the body.
- Learn about the signs and symptoms of thyroid hormone under-functioning.
- Learn about thyroid hormone transporters which are key to thyroid hormone action and function.
- Learn about the importance of deiodinase enzymes which metabolise thyroid hormones.
- Learn about the importance of thyroid hormone receptor coregulators’ profound role in controlling tissue-specific sensitivity to a set amount of thyroid hormone.
- Learn about the major influences on thyroid hormone function including other hormones such as cortisol, the presence of organic pollutants & toxic metals, as well as endogenous cytokines.
This information is for education purposes only. Patients should consult with a qualified healthcare provider before making decisions about therapies and/or health conditions.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a balanced and varied diet.